Ok, So I just got back from BestBuy and FutureShop doing a little investigation on the new TV that I just purchased on Amazon. I bought the samsung UN55B8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz LED HDTV and it is insanely cool.
THe Features on this bad boy are out of this world. If you after the latest in HDTV technology then this model will not let you down and it beats Sony's price by $2000. I'll just mention a few of the sweet features this TV has.
1) 1.5" thick- YA that's right it is about the same thickness as a deck of cards! The reason for this is because this new generation uses LED's instead of LCD or Plasma so there is no need for light bulbs in this one.
2) Super COOL- The samsung UN55B8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz LED HDTV not only looks cool but it actually STAYS cool. Because it doesn't use Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps (those are light bulbs for us simple folk) that means that it doesn't heat up at all.
3) 240 hz refresh rate- Most TV's refresh in the 60hz-120 hz range so the images get blurred more easily. With 240 hz fast motion images appear ridiculously clear.
4) Energy Efficient- The samsung UN55B8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz LED HDTV is almost 40% more energy efficient than standard LCD and Plasma HDTV's. This is again due to the revolutionary LED technology that does not use light bulbs.
5) Do you like Games?- This TV features game mode which enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response. Basically it makes your games even better to play than they already are.
The Samsung UN55B8000 is definitely the best HDTV I have ever owned and for such a good price. Read more about it at http://www.squidoo.com/SamsungUN55B8000-1080p or go to Samsung LED HDTV and see what everyone else has to say about it...And you get FREE SHIPPING!